[olug] Laptop Recommendations

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Wed Sep 19 12:11:03 UTC 2012

Their name keeps popping up as they were first? to have 802.11ac -- not
critical to me but interesting (ac that is).  I am leaning towards a dual
band n/a/b/g.  I would like to segment a "guest" network to internet access
only.  It's got to have good range because I've got basement + 2floors to
cover.  My linksys 54G is covering now so I am not too worried, most should
have similar or better coverage.  I keep my wireless in the basement to
minimize what shows up in the street in front of the house.  Do you have a
buffalo dual band ?  If so, I'd like to hear what you think about it.

It will act as an access point as I run monowall on my router/firewall.

Best,

Jeff

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs