[olug] Laptop Recommendations

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Sep 18 04:15:36 UTC 2012

I am looking to replace my aging laptop and I'm looking for a programmer
and *nix friendly system.  I5 or I3 + High resolution screen  (won't go for
1366x768 ick) and a good keyboard (not a fan of the chiclet kb's -- I touch
type)   Anyone bought something similar recently that they would recommend?
 T series thinkpads?  I don't have a problem filling it up with after
market memory or SSDs most vendors charge way too much compared to after
market prices.  I've looked at system76 but those chiclet keys and consumer
displays are a no-go for me.

Also, I could stand to update my wireless router.  I've got a boatload of
wireless devices in the house, many stream video (roku boxes) and laptops.
 Anyone want to recommend something?  Cisco ea3500, Netgear n750 or cisco
e4200??

--
Best,

Jeff Hinrichs