[olug] OT: Website hosting question

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:17:12 UTC 2012

virtual machines are quite different from dedicated servers. Virtual
machines can be access via console generally so long as the host machine is
available (which is managed by the companay you're purchasing vm's from)

I'd be careful about a $10/mo VM with 2gb of ram, that sounds like a very
oversubscribed Virtualhost to me.

Linode is reputable and reliable (cheapest vm is $20).  I think slicehost
should be fairly decent aswell, not sure what they run though as its been a
while.
--Jay