[olug] OT: Website hosting question

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Thu Sep 6 11:36:11 UTC 2012

If there's any chance you have access to an Internet pipe of some kind
fast enough for your needs, I will always, always recommend putting
together your own server. I've had enough bad experiences with tech
support to be firmly convinced that, if I want someone to pay proper
attention to my server, that someone will have to be me.

Yeah, setup is challenging if you've never done it before.  But avail
yourself of Google, ask questions on some Linux group or another, take
good notes, and you'll get through it.