[olug] Server

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Sun Sep 2 15:39:38 UTC 2012

If it helps, I can show you a sample VirtualHost section of mine.  Details:

/var/www/mydomain.com - the main virtualhost directory
/var/www/mydomain.com/html - where viewable pages are kept; you can
browse there via http://www.mydomain.com/
/var/www/mydomain.com/logs - where logs are kept
/var/www/mydomain.com/squirrelmail-1.4.21 - where I installed
squirrelmail; thanks to an "alias" it can be viewed as
http://www.mydomain.com/webmail

And here's what's in my httpd.conf:

---

# you need the following line just once in httpd.conf

NameVirtualHost *:80

# you need one virtualhost section per virtual host

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName mydomain.com
     ServerAlias mydomain.com www.mydomain.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/www.mydomain.com/html
     ErrorLog /var/www/www.mydomain.com/logs/error_log
     CustomLog /var/www/www.mydomain.com/logs/access_log common
     <Directory /var/www/www.mydomain.com/html>
         Options FollowSymLinks +Indexes
         AllowOverride All
     </Directory>

     # this allows you to map an outside directory to
http://www.mydomain.com/;
     # I'm guessing this will help with the userdirs

     Alias /webmail /var/www/www.mydomain.com/squirrelmail-1.4.21
     <Directory /var/www/www.mydomain.com/squirrelmail-1.4.21>
       Options Indexes
       AllowOverride none