[olug] Server

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Sun Sep 2 12:36:50 UTC 2012

Postfix has a more "readable" config file than sendmail, the other
default in RHEL/CentOS. Read good things about exim, probably here on
list where others use it. I suspect, once you get used to a package,
you'll stay there for a LONG time until "pain to switch" forces an issue.

I had some initial issues getting Dovecot to talk ldap when RHEL/CentOS
switched from courier when I did the upgrade.  Works fine now and has
since rough spots worked out. Doing pop, imap...

Assume you're using passwd for user auth? Or are you going ldap? From
past experience, I'd say I'm more comfortable security-wise w/ ldap auth
and virtual users rather than a ton of entries in passwd, but I'm not
sure I've got reason to back up the feeling. YOUR use-case may also
depend on the number of users you are considering.

FWIW.