[olug] Fwd: [Announcements] CrossOver for free on Wednesday,

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Oct 29 20:48:24 UTC 2012

> So codeweaver would allow me to install M$ products on Linux. Or something like Adobe Photoshop. Tell me again why I would do this? I guess I'm just missing the point but the alternatives are just as powerful and gives me the freedom to use it w/out restrictions.

As a part-time professional photographer and full-time Linux programmer
& sysadmin, I understand your point, but suggesting that GIMP (presumably)
is just as powerful as Photoshop is downright laughable.  GIMP covers
the basics, and is good enough to keep me away from PS & Windows since
I don't need to use it for a living, but it's nowhere near as smooth or
capable as PS.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com