[olug] Apache

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Oct 24 18:23:46 UTC 2012

On Oct 24, 2012, at 12:56 PM, Jay Bendon <jaybocc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i figured as much but i prefer Python so my scope with perl is "does it work? OK" :)

:)

> I think i ended up not going with fast_cgi because the person developing the app wasn't even utilizing FCGI and thus i didn't want the module loaded. </derail>

Ya, the beauty of using a modern stack is that the developer doesn't have to know or care about deployment.

In the case of Catalyst, as a coder I write my web app using the built-in lightweight development "server" and deployment is someone else's problem. The deployer can choose whatever web server(s) s/he is comfortable with, Cool this week, already Popular here, Corporate Approved, or whatever. :)

Another example is using PSGI/Plack directly, if you dislike scaffolding. http://plackperl.org/

Or Dancer. https://metacpan.org/module/Dancer::Cookbook#Your-first-Dancer-web-app

"There's more than one way to do it."

:)