[olug] Distro-type Install GUI

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:32:11 UTC 2012

Not trying to recreate the wheel if something like this exists. So once
again
I am off to my fellow LUG'ers.  So does anyone know of a fairly
customizable
install GUI.

I got asked to assist on a project and they are looking for a specific flow.
They have a collection of software and configurations bundled into a suite
and they looking for something to help make it interactive.

I believe the distro they are starting with is a variant of redhat.  But
they've
hinted that other flavours of linux are on the table.

Some criteria:

   - Should be able to ask for creation, removal. modification of accounts,
   groups applications, etc.
   - Package type intelligent.  yum vs apt, vs etc
   - Ability to run from or integrate with kickstart, autoinstall, etc
   - Bonus if smart enough to work graphically or in curses.

Then fire off the installation and configuration of said workstation.

Together We Win!
--
Chad
Creating A More Meaningful Life