[olug] AMD or Intel for multi-core apps?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Tue Oct 2 19:31:15 UTC 2012

> I usually use CPUMark to do my evaluation on CPU's i don't have physical
> access to benchmark.
>
> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html
> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html

Do you have any info on what those benchmarks test?  How much do they
take into account multi-threaded performance?  Integer vs FP operations?
The graphs are nice & pretty, but unless I know what they're measuring,
they don't help a great deal.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com