[olug] VPN

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:34:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Justin Reiners <justin at hotlinesinc.com>wrote:

> You can still use hamachi on Linux. I have zero issues with it. They may
> not support it, but there are ways to make it work.

Yes, it still ran well on a Linux box that died last year.  I don't want to
waste my time with proprietary solutions that the plug could be pulled on
at any moment.  Hamachi was so easy.  tinc has the potential to be that
easy with your own Dynamic DNS server used as the behind-the-nat checkIn
hub.  DNS SRV records would store the hostname-ip-port.  DNS KEY records
could store the public keys.