[olug] hdd problems

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Thu May 31 00:51:36 UTC 2012

Dude I know has a trick for getting hard drives to work long enough to
salvage data:

1)    Open the computer case and pull the hard drive out so it's still
connected but is sitting on your desk.

2)    Put a sandwich bag around the hard drive.

3)    Put a bag of ice on top of the sandwich bag.

This obviously isn't guaranteed to work with every hard drive, but it
does work a lot of the time.