[olug] Roku vs Boxee

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 13:23:50 UTC 2012

Uploads of copywritten content would be forbidden for legal reasons..

What I'm more interested in is, did you get the fact that you can download presumably anything via bit torrent in writting?

---- jman at miwire.com wrote:
   why are the uploads forbidden?

   Steve Busby <steve.busby at gmail.com> wrote ..

I switched my MythTV to a MacMini running Plex last year when I cancelled cable.

After several emails with Cox support, I found I can download all the
torrents I want, as long as I don't upload any content.

So I run "TVShows" to monitor when the torrents are available, it
feeds them to "Transmission", which does the downloading (but NO
uploading). Plex monitors the download directory and indexes several
times a day.

I have to occasionally manually delete watched shows to free up drive
space, but doing so weekly only takes 10 minutes or so.

BuzB