[olug] Roku vs Boxee

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:48:07 UTC 2012

I had a self-built Boxee box, but they refuse to update their software and
don't even have downloads for it anymore. Self builders can go to hell as
far as they're concerned. Mind you, Roku never catered to self-builders at
all, but Boxee just customized an open source product (XBMC) and then gave
nothing back. And I didn't consider it an option at the time because it
didn't put out 1080p video, but the new Apple TV does offer 1080p support
now. So that should be on the table as well.