[olug] [OT] Verizon data plans...

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Mar 9 01:00:19 UTC 2012

You and Dave are both correct - I would like to use the "HotSpot" feature
to let my phone use itself for Internet access.  Verizon has a "Data Plan"
for the phone, and the "HotSpot Data" that is for external devices to use
the phone WiFi.  The kicker is that the phone can't use the HotSpot data
(and of course the WiFi isn't allowed to use the phone data).

My issue is that I currently have the "Unlimited Data" for the phone
(included when I activated last April/May).  My new company has an app that
I need to use that requires me to add the "Corporate Data" feature (adds
$15/month - they are paying for that).  But, if I add that feature, the
"Unlimited Data" feature goes away.  To get back the phone data plan, I
believe I'll have to add the $30/month 2GB plan.  (company will reimburse
too).

Really gotta love the cellular industry.

Once I get a possible HW issue resolved, I might investigate LibertyRom...

Dan