[olug] Intense PC - the most powerful miniature fanless PC EVER!

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 17:19:21 UTC 2012

> From: Ben Watson <bwatson1979 at gmail.com>
>
>IMHO this is an apples and oranges comparison.  Sure, both devices aim
>to be small (even though the Pi is much smaller).  However, the main
>appeal/draw to the Pi is its price.  That and I don't think the Pi was
>intended to be a performance powerhouse.

Thus, my opening line of:

>> If the Raspberry Pi isn't quite right for you, maybe an Intense PC is...

>Don't get me wrong, the Intense PC looks awesome as far as performance
>for its small size and low power draw.

That was my point.  The Raspberry or ShivaPlug or whatever fills one niche, this fills another.  High performance in a small package with miniscule power requirements might be ideal for some...

Any application that requires always on and decent to high end CPU, even if only occassionally, but low power useage, this little box seems to be a great option.

Kevin D. Snodgrass