[olug] Ubuntu 12.04 problems?

Sam Flint harmonicnm7h at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:22:53 UTC 2012

I use all RHEL derivatives, and have had few problems, mostly trivial
little things about dependencies for xburst-tools, but i have a friedn
who might flash my nano note, so that's not an issue, and a few with
fvwm, but i decided i don't like fvwm so i went back to gnome 3, which
i haven't had problems with...but i have had some experience with
ubuntu, though it was with 8.something i suggest fedora...

Sam

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:
>> i've had a lot of issues with 12.04.
>
> Were these problem with a fresh install or an upgrade from 11.10?
> I'd be upgrading.
>
>> I run KDE and it runs great on 12.04.
>>
>> Pulseaudio sucks so much in 12.04... i almost have to kill pulseaudio at
>> least a couple times a week.
>>
>> ptrace is gone ;_;
>>
>> 12.04 picked the wrong nic driver for me i had to apply a hack to get the
>> correct driver installed so i could have connectivity again.
>> --Jay
>

> --
> Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com
>   The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the
>     Giver of all good things, so if I stand, let me stand on the
>       promise that You will pull me through.  -- Rich Mullins

Sam Flint
flintfam.org/~swflint