[olug] Help w/ my server

jman at miwire.com jman at miwire.com
Tue Jul 24 21:11:20 UTC 2012

   I've had tconl for some time ('08) and although there are better I
   haven't experienced any Netflix issues other than a fiber cut from a
   city crew. With 2 teenage daughters streaming I am sure I would have
   heard something.. If you need gigabit speed you will pay gigabit
   prices. For my kids and my server, it's fine.

   aric at omahax.com wrote ..

TCONL was awesome back in the day when it had a 2Mb upload when Cox only
had 128k and they gave you a static IP.

Now it is TERRIBLE STAY AWAY!!!

My mom still has it and the ping time goes up to about 1000+ ms during
peak times.  It only averages about 2Mb down, it isn't fast enough to
stream Netflix in HD.