[olug] Setting up a MythTV backend system - what's the current recommended way to start?

William Langford unfies at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 02:06:16 UTC 2012

Indeed, there have been success stories of people using the firewire
stuff out of their Cox box here on OLUG.  Capture and channel changing IIRC.

I've recently let my schedules direct membership expire, and haven't
really bothered looking into doing much more with my Myth box.  I've
always wanted to look into the firewire stuff... but... alas... I've not
turned on my TV in *MONTHS* so justification of going from standard
cable / pvr150's to firewire .... is hard to do.

it's been done by local people, though... so there's hope.