[olug] Setting up a MythTV backend system - what's the current recommended way to start?

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Sun Jan 22 16:51:12 UTC 2012

When we moved 2+ years ago, I tracked what we were watching and which
channels.  Even though we had hundreds of stations, most viewing was 65 and
below.  So, I don't have any boxes (Well I did get one for the football
season, but it's going back after the super bowl.)  I just feed a naked
cable direct to my mythbox.  We stick to HD content over the Roku's in the
house from netflix, and amazon.  My plasma upscales very nicely so we are
happy, ymmv.   I've also got a gen1 tivo in the bedroom.  It is going to go
soon.

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473