[olug] Boot error updating F14 to F16

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Sun Jan 15 00:29:59 UTC 2012

> Is there any place from which I can get the /upgrade/ dir so that I
> can continue my upgrade, or is this a lost cause, requiring a fresh
> reinstall?  When I said that I'd backed up the important bits of this
> system, that meant just /home and /usr/local.  I don't have a backup
> of any of the system directories, since this laptop is little more
> than a portable terminal.

Well, I just bit the bullet and did a fresh install from CD.  I figured
it was faster than trying to repair the upgrade, since I had very little
system stuff installed.

Upon logging in for the first time, I'm appalled at the new window
manager (or whatever they call them these days).  how do I get back
to something sane that resembles the old Gnome interface from F14?
If even I can't figure out how to do anything useful, my kids & wife
will certainly never use Linux again.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com