[olug] Borrow a motherboard?

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Jan 2 22:18:54 UTC 2012

> Have you cleared the CMOS?
> Remove power cord and the CMOS battery for about a minute.

I had not, and that appeared to do the trick.  I'm a little curious
what caused the no-POST -- or even the no-boot -- problems, because
it all works fine now.  I'm gonna do some more testing on the suspect
drive to see how it behaves now that I've got the newer BIOS.

I guess this means I don't get to go computer shopping any more.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions.

> Also, do lights come on the keyboard, if you hit the num lock does it turn
> on and off.  This usually indicates no-video.
>
> On many system if the caps lock blinks or sticks on it means bad video and
> the same for the numb lock means bad ram.

The keyboard never showed any lights.  That may be the keyboard's fault.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com