[olug] OT?: Desktop Wireless Card desired.

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Feb 13 22:42:25 UTC 2012

I don't have a PCI card or suggestion for one, but can you use a USB
attached wireless adapter?  If you're like me, you might have a spare
laying around - at least these are cheap to purchase at NewEgg or even
BestBuy or WalMart.

In my experience I have had to adjust the location of the antenna to get
the best reception if I'm connecting to it from a different room.  With a
USB stick, you can use a cheap USB extender cable and move it quite easily.
 (Extending an external antenna is about as easy, but the coax cable is
usually a bit more expensive...maybe MonoPrice has them, haven't checked.)

Dan