[olug] HTTPD vhosts

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:29:15 UTC 2012

I have the same issue with my dev LAMP stack, which has a lot of vhosts,
which have servernames but doesn't quite apply.

Edit your httpd.conf and add "ServerName $NAME" to the httpd.conf and save
and this error should go away.

It is not a fatal error on my LAMP stack and everything serves fine, but
once i added that line the error went away.

jaybocc2 at GreenLucid1:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
[sudo] password for jaybocc2:
 * Restarting web server apache2
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
 ... waiting apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
   ...done.

jaybocc2 at GreenLucid1:~$ cat /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
ServerName GreenLucid1
jaybocc2 at GreenLucid1:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
 * Restarting web server apache2
 ... waiting .   ...done.
jaybocc2 at GreenLucid1:~$

--Jay