[olug] Network Mapping

Aric aric at omahax.com
Sat Dec 8 00:09:10 UTC 2012

You can use version 1 of Open-AudIT.  It has a "Create DIA Network Diagram
>From List" output option.  It basically makes the shapes with the node
information.  I had planed on making a dynamic daskboardy one with
Open-Audit / nmap /PHP instead of perl, but I had other things to do.

.....I'd still like to take a building diagram and add a Cat 6 layer for
the network wiring then convert it to html5 and map each switch port to
each location then I could look at the dashboard and see what was going on
quickly.  Simple thinks like a green dot that means the PC is on, ip
address, computer name, maybe the logged in user, probably a alert field
from the IDS/AV and other logs.  I could add stuff later like open TCP/IP
connections and file browsing.