[olug] Verizon's New Repair Method: Plastic Garbage Bags

Tom Fritz tfritz at me.com
Wed Aug 22 20:47:36 UTC 2012

This is a repost from the NANOG mailing list. Just thought it was good for a chuckle.

For a while we have had a customer with some lines which go down every time it rains.   We put
in the trouble ticket, a couple of days later Verizon says the issue is resolved...until the
next time it rains.

The customer sent us some pictures today of the pole outside their office.   The repair appears
to be wrapping some plastic bags around something up on the pole.  Here is link to the pictures
the customer sent us, in case anyone in the mood for a good scare.

http://rock.nyigc.net/verizon/