[olug] starting broadband ISP, any suggestions?

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Wed Aug 22 20:41:46 UTC 2012

Most of the Vyatta engineers were hired by Ubiquiti for their EdgeOS
project.

Honestly if you are going to be an ISP for mostly commercial customers,
I would strongly suggest going with something a bit more standard in the
router department, such as Cisco, Juniper, Imagestream or Mikrotik.

It will make your life easier when it comes to staffing as well as
dealing with your upstream.  Most upstreams assume you have Cisco and if
you don't you are definately going to want to be an expert in whatever
router you are using.