[olug] Foglight vs. vCenter Ops

Hurley, Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Mon Aug 13 21:14:14 UTC 2012

I stand corrected, Quest bought vKernel now and now they offer vOPS for monitoring.  Anyone have any experience with either vOPS or vCenter Ops?

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of Hurley, Rod
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 4:09 PM
To: olug at olug.org
Subject: [olug] Foglight vs. vCenter Ops

Anyone out there using or testing enterprise monitoring tools for VSphere?  In particular, I am comparing Quest's Foglight to VMware's vCenter Ops.  It won't be hard to get a free trial, but could use some feedback if anyone has it implemented.  I seem to like the vCenter Ops dashboard much better than Quest's.

Rod Hurley
Sr. Data Storage Administrator
SCSE, SQSVA, CompTIA Storage+
Tenaska, Inc.