[olug] OT: Tablet?

Hurley, Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Mon Aug 6 21:11:18 UTC 2012

Believe me, I know what happens when someone else roots your stuff.  Been there done that.  I wasn't being completely serious.

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of Obi-Wan
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 4:10 PM
To: olug at olug.org
Subject: Re: [olug] OT: Tablet?

> I might be reading too much into this, but I wonder if Chad was thinking more like:
>
> "Who will loan me their quad core tablet that I can root and return to them with a thank you and a smile?"

Rooting a Nexus 7 requires enabling boot loader changing, which requires wiping the Nexus 7 back to factory settings.  This is definitely not something you want Chad to do after you've spent a few weeks or months configuring it to your liking.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com
       promise that You will pull me through.  -- Rich Mullins _______________________________________________