[olug] A mythtv mythtery

Ben Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:09:06 UTC 2012

It sounds to me more like a MythTV frontend problem vice the backend
running on the system.  I've got front ends (and other backends for
that matter) running on much older/slower hardware than you mentioned
without issue.  What video card are you using for display?  Also might
want to check the drivers for said video card.

Across the board I typically use NVidia video cards with the
proprietary NVidia drivers.  Again, these aren't anything new or
powerful though I have noticed some compatibility issues with the
newer NVidia (Ubuntu provided) drivers and older card/machine setups.
However, when I've run into these problems, I rarely get to the point
to getting into a stable desktop environment let alone playing back
video.

Ben