[olug] Docsis 2 vs 3 on Cox

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Mon Apr 9 14:58:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 21:47, Kyle Schnowske <kyleschnowske at gmail.com>wrote:

> I get around 90/5 on ultimate. I wonder how much of that is the "speed
> boost".

Based on their ads on TV, I would expect that the speed boost would only
apply to the first 10-20MB of any download.  This would let people download
pictures and music extremely quickly, plus allow for streaming video to get
through the buffering state and start showing the movie right away.

Another metric to look at is how long does an ISO take to download from a
couple well known and well connected sites?  If it is able to keep the "90"
rate through the entire ISO, then I'm really impressed!

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"