[olug] Docsis 2 vs 3 on Cox

Ben Watson bwatson1979 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:02:32 UTC 2012

Most cable modems host an internal status web page for technician
troubleshooting.  I seem to recall a default internal LAN IP of
192.168.100.1 for Motorola Surfboard modems.  Those status pages will
well you the DOCSIS version the modem supports.  I think I'm still
using the SB5120 or something like that (DOCSIS 2.0).  I too would be
interested to hear what make/model you have that supports the 3.0
spec.  I was wondering when COX was going to get around to
implementing the latest spec in their infrastructure.

Ben