[olug] Windows 8

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 21:06:46 UTC 2011

I'm sure right off the get go there will be plent of apps that are both store bought and MS appstore bought.. but in 2-3 years that will be less and less.

The average consume has what for applications on their desktop?  A few games maybe? tax software, Itunes, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.. but the rest for the normal home consumer is their data, their music, online created documents, and pictures, oh so many pictures... but .. if the user is using Windows Skydrive, they should have all of that backed up to their cloud and be safe.

So again I think it's a great tool for the long run.

---- Kevin <sharpestmarble at gmail.com> wrote:
I like to think of myself as a technically literate person, and i just
made that mistake.

Also, what about things that aren't in the Windows App Store? Where do
they come from?