[olug] Special LiveCD behavior

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:17:43 UTC 2011

All

I am building a liveCD for work, yeah about time they started looking into
these.  Currently I am using
Ubuntu as the source distribution, but need  to eventually be flexible
enough to support Fedora, tinycore,
etc.  The primary concept is a secure way (on the road) to access SRSS,
Citrix, or Terminal Servers.

The one requirement I am having trouble with is "disabling" the detection of
and access to the Internal HDD.
Any external devices, well USB related, are OK.  Short of recompiling the
kernel to remove [S]ATA functionality,
I was looking a boot time flag would do this for me.  I stumbled across
"hdx=noprobe" which seemed hopeful
enough to try but before I go through expensive builds (time is precious) I
though I would see what my fellow
OLUG'ers had in mind.
--
Chad, CISSP, Star 500