[olug] XenWhatever

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Wed Oct 12 15:27:49 UTC 2011

Are you trying to push out a virtual desktop environment or are you trying
to use it like VMware ESXi/vSphere or are you trying to use it like VMware
workstation?

...or are you trying to use the open source hyper visor to run multiple
non GUI Linux server installs?

I am not a huge Dell fan.... but... I set up some Dell servers last week
with XenServer.  I think it is kinda of nice how Dell supports XenServer
5.6.1 in their system build utility and has a XenServer package to install
openmanage on the host.  It was very easy to set up.

I haven't tried XenServer 6 yet.... It uses Open vSwitch instead of the
built in Linux bridge.  I might try it this weekend.