[olug] XenWhatever

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:35:47 UTC 2011

Let's not forget XCP => Xen Community Platform, which is the basis for
XenServer

I agree with Jason in that Citrix has these names all messed up.  So here is
my understanding of
XenClient vs XenDesktop.  Hopefully I am not too incorrect on this, but this
is how we learn.  It
really is a brave new world.

XenClient ==> Windows Application to interface/maintain XenServer
XenDesktop ==> Satndalone XenServer fatclient with builtin tools to maintain
it.  Think new VmWare Server.
                          also think where your standard XenServer is in a
server room, a XenDesktop is at someone's
                          desk for personal use.

Well, I hope that's accurate enough.  Good luck in the Webster Dictionary
Hunt