[olug] Computers & stuff need new home

Obi-Wan obiwan at jedi.com
Mon Nov 28 15:56:32 UTC 2011

Howdy Chris,

> I'd give you something for the iBook if you'd be willing to ship to GI. . .

I don't think shipping would be a problem.  How much were you thinking?
A quick eBay check sees lesser versions of this iBook selling for $100.
This one is decked out:  900 MHz CPU (fastest available), 640 MB RAM (max),
DVD/CD combo drive, AirPort WiFi, all original packaging & media.  Of
course, those others have working hard drives.

I'm anal about the hard drive, though, and I'm not sure I want to send
the drive away without either wiping or removing it.  Any suggestions
on what to do about that?  Perhaps if you want to supply a new hard
drive, I'd install it for you (but not the OS) before I ship it.  Maybe
I should try to boot it via CD one more time & see if the drive can
be accessed before I go to such great lengths.  If it's completely
dead, I guess there's no worry.

--
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth    obiwan at jedi.com    PrairieRimImages.com