[olug] [OT - Jobs in SFO, CA] Programmer, Threat/Intel, and a Reverse Engineer

Irish irish.masms at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:18:51 UTC 2011

Hey fellow OLUGers - this is OT, since the jobs are here in the SFO
South Bay area of Cali - but knowing how networked fellow LUG members
are - or how some of you many not be looking forward to the upcoming
winter, I though sharing what we are looking for may be prudent. :)
Thank you for your attention, and for passing along to any colleges
who may be interested.

We have a handful of positions in the SFO South Bay area  with
Mandiant [http://mandiant.com/], as well as positions in SFO proper
and around the Washington DC area. All the positions are on the
Mandiant career page
[http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=4028f88c274d9c0b01274e8f98e70141],
but the three positions we are actively looking to fill for work in
the Mountain View area are:

Programmer: Someone with Perl, Python, *NIX scripting experience.

Threat/Intel: Someone familiar with technology, who can connect the
dots with open source and closed source reporting to determine and
recommend the optimal mitigations for the threats and actors.

Reverse engineer: Someone who can pick apart the unusual or unique
malware sample to determine and recommend the optimal mitigations for
the threats and actors.

Position to apply:
http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=4028f88c274d9c0b01274e8f98e70141&id=8aa0050631ec0ce2013201d624262124&source=

Full details are listed in the posted position description on the
career site – background in different operating systems and networking
environments a plus. Having Security or Network Operations Center (NOC
or SOC) or Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) a big
plus. A willingness and desire to learn is a really big plus.

A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?