[olug] Trying to get to the bottom of a laptop malfunction

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri May 27 10:04:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 22:21, Irish <irish.masms at gmail.com> wrote:

> "It is better to praise in public, and admonish in private."
> - Old list admin proverb

"It is better to flame publicly, and praise...never."
- The state of the Internet.  (Sadly..)

Regarding thread hijacking, I haven't had this problem in Google mail.  I
wonder if they have implemented a subject-line over-ride feature - makes
sense because people equate thread with subject anyway.

(I'd suggest the laptop person start a new e-mail thread to
olug at olug.orgfor that purpose...have you run MemTest86?  RAM problems
can sometimes have
odd side-effects.)

Dan