[olug] Ubuntu 11.04 Broke Magnification

Jordan Fox vmifox at gmail.com
Thu May 5 02:19:40 UTC 2011

Sorry about your X11 problems.  I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.10 just
fine, but went with a fresh install for 11.4.  I've been using Xubuntu
for probably 3 years with great success.  I now love Xfce and probably
won't switch to anything else anytime soon - though I'm keeping an eye
on Lxde.  I prefer the no nonsense, lighter weight DEs without all the
extras.  The new Xfce 4.8 is a huge improvement over 4.6, in my
opinion.  If any of you are getting tired of standard Ubuntu and the
new Unity thing (or gnome or kde for that matter) you might want to
give Xfce a try.  I've only read about unity, never tried it - I never
was a fan of gnome anyway, switched from kde 3.5 to xfce instead of
kde 4.0 or gnome.  My computer at the time was getting pretty slow
with kde.

I've looked at Fedora recently too, but I've been in the Debian/Ubuntu
world too long - since my switch from gentoo in the 2006 time frame.

Jordan

--
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the

"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the
distance between your knees and the floor."  Anonymous