[olug] isp recommendations?

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Tue May 3 05:13:01 UTC 2011

I apologize. I should clarify, Qwest DSL service wouldn't work with my
router. But some Google searches found that their service won't work with
many routers. The problem is the PPPoE authentication doesn't tunnel and
pass through some routers properly. So you need to configure the DSL model
to not handle the authentication, but configure your m

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=37557.0

My buddy kept telling me that tech support should be able to get me the
PPPoE credentials to get me going, but every time I called tech support,
they swore there was no such thing. I fought it for a while, and eventually
just switched back to Cox.