[olug] Home file server - FreeNAS or Openfiler or ???

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:31:53 UTC 2011

A hundred times over? I know LVM is awesome, but I don't know that I'd go to
that extreme. I do appreciate the extra flexibility that it affords us, but
I don't think it's the be-all-end-all. If someone tries to give you
something like that, them either a fanboi or they're trying to sell it
something.

That said, given the situation here, is go the LVM route. It will let you
dynamically expand or reduce a filesystem.