[olug] Home file server - FreeNAS or Openfiler or ???

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Tue Mar 29 04:00:55 UTC 2011

...or another option I'd like an opinion on:
 * How about a plain-jane distribution using LVM2 and a big ext4 filesystem?
 I believe I could then use LVM to add a new drive, or remove (lvreduce?)
the smallest drive and add+extend a new bigger hdd?  (I guess I'd loose
single-drive failure that Drobo or ZFS would provide..)

Dan

--