[olug] Distro X?

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:11:03 UTC 2011

Gentoo may be for you. With USE flags you can decide what dependencies and
features you want your system to have. You want to remove mono, or samba, or
whatever? You want in compiled support for various codecs?

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Kevin D. Snodgrass
<kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com>wrote:

> One >HUGE< complaint from me about the major distros is the "integration"
> of crap like Samba and Evolution into useful things.  I have absolutely no
> use for Winders crap, but in order to keep my package management from being
> borked I have to keep it around.  Example: Evolution Data Server

And to be perfectly honest, Gentoo provides a framework basically for all
the requirements for Distro-X. You now have ALL that flexibility you want.
You can do a install from a command line. You can install from a GUI. You
can install any DE you want, or none at all.

-- T. J. Brumfield
"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?
Could be, the truth it becomes you