[olug] Heart attack after 11.04 upgrade

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 04:37:40 UTC 2011

As Dave said, "Ubuntu Classic" will bring you back to the Gnome 2.x desktop.
 The other option many people seem to like is going to Xfce. (There appears
to be a lot of growth in the Xfce user base just because of Unity and Gnome
3.)

George

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Obi-Wan <obiwan at jedi.com> wrote:

> I just finished upgrading my desktop box from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04
> today, and the first time I logged in, I almost went into cardiac
> arrest.  I can't express how badly I hate the new Gnome environment.
> What are my options?  Is it possible to reconfigure this new POS
> to behave like the previous version?  Has KDE gotten any more user
> friendly in the 2 years since I last gave up on it?  Are there other
> viable options?
>
> --
> Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth                             obiwan at jedi.com
>   The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the
>     Giver of all good things, so if I stand, let me stand on the
>       promise that You will pull me through.  -- Rich Mullins

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...