[olug] OT: About that time to replace my PSU Anyone have any?

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Fri Jun 24 22:13:15 UTC 2011

So you're are saying that Viotek is the "good" Chinese baby formula of
power supplies?

I have a hard time with the idea of feeding a computer with a $20 PSU made
by a company I have never heard and I can't find test results of.

You don't need a PSU to give a massage, just not an unhappy ending that
takes the motherboard and RAM and RAID card and GPU with it.

> the vioteks are decent. they dont give you a back massage, bit they do
> what
> they are designed to do, and do it well. bill gates is more well known
> than
> linus, but that doesnt make windows better.
> On Jun 24, 2011 2:25 PM, <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
>> I don't know what a Viotek PSU is but 3btech.net is more expensive than
>> Newegg for known quality PSU's such as Corsair.
>>

>>> AFAIK local shops are basically a rip off. 3btech.net is great though.
>>> free
>>> shipping out of indiana. order on monday it shows on wednesday. 450W
>>> for
>>> 18$. 550 for 20$. ive ordered about 20 PSUs from them for customers and