[olug] Syncing address

George De Bruin sndchaser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:25:47 UTC 2011

That's the phone I had with all the problems...(dropping calls, randomly
rebooting, missing calls, etc.)  And I had it on US Cellular - so it sounds
like it was no better for other providers.

I know there is an Android load for it, but I didn't keep it that long.  It
just wasn't worth the hassle.

George

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Kelly Williams
<kellywilliams81 at gmail.com>wrote:

> this is the one I have http://www.htc.com/us/support/**
> touch-pro-alltel/help/<http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-pro-alltel/help/>
>

> On 6/17/2011 5:50 PM, Jason N wrote:
>
>> Do you have this phone?
>> http://www.htc.com/us/**products/touch-pro2-sprint/<http://www.htc.com/us/products/touch-pro2-sprint/>
>>

>> ---- Benjamin Watson<bwatson1979 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I guess I'm a little confused here.
>>
>> You said you have: "HTC Touch Pro, It has windows mobile".
>>
>> Could you elaborate on this a little more?  Google'ing for HTC Touch
>> Pro seems to indicate an Android-based smart phone, but this conflicts
>> with your statement: "It has windows mobile".
>>
>> So the real crux of the problem is: what OS is your device running
>> currently?  Android or Windows Mobile?
>>
>> You also said you "converted to a PDA"?  Again, did you load custom
>> ROMs onto this thing?  Is this phone being used as a phone (e.g. under
>> contract with a major cell phone service provider) or only as a PDA?
>>

>> Going on the assumption that this phone is:
>>
>> 1. Still a phone with cell service and
>> 2. Is running Android
>>
>> Typically when you "activate" these Android phones for the first time,
>> there is a requirement to have a GMail address.  During the activation
>> process, you enter your GMail address into the phone thereby pairing
>> the phone to your GMail account.  After activation, the phone will
>> sync automatically with your GMail account, pulling in e-mail.  You
>> can then manage contacts via Google Voice (via a web browser signing
>> into your GMail account).  Again, your phone's contact list will
>> automatically pull down and sync to your Google Voice contact over the
>> air or over WiFi.
>>
>> As you add more accounts to the phone (e.g. "Corporate" Exchange,
>> Facebook, etc.), you typically have the option to import/sync those
>> contacts into your phone's contact list as well.
>>
>> I'd highly recommend utilizing the Google Voice contacts as it allows
>> you to merge duplicate contacts into a single source.  For example,
>> you may have manually entered some contact information for your friend
>> Bob on the phone.  This automagically shows up in Google Voice.  Next,
>> you import some Facebook contacts (Bob is your FB friend too).  Now
>> you'd have duplicate contact info for Bob.  With Google voice, you can
>> select both entries and merge/combine the information into a single
>> contact.  I imagine there are methods to import externally managed
>> contacts (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) into Google Services like
>> GMail and Voice.
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Kevin<sharpestmarble at gmail.com**>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Wireless and Bluetooth don't work with Android?! Thy seem to be working
>>> just
>>> fine to me. Perhaps you could elaborate more on your setup?

---
Faster moments spent spread tales of change within the sound...