[olug] Syncing address

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Fri Jun 17 13:28:44 UTC 2011

Did you guys ever put custom roms on your Touch Pro 2?  Once I got rid of the stock Sprint rom, that phone was very cool and useful.  Not to mention the fact that 90% of the custom roms have the free wifi tether built into them.

---- George De Bruin <sndchaser at gmail.com> wrote:
IIRC I had no luck with getting my HTC to sync with anything
that I wanted to use...  But then again, I am so much of a linux snob
that the idea of trying to sync via Windows is a non-starter for me.

I think I went down the path of trying to find a way to use vCards to
import / export the contacts for syncing, but I didn't have the time
to really work on it carefully.  Maybe you'll have more luck looking
at that.

There is / was a sync app for Google that was supposed to handle
things, but I don't think I had much (if any) success with it.

The final option is a plugin for Evolution that supposedly will sync
devices.  IIRC, it's a commercial application / plugin, and wasn't
something that I was willing to spend the money for.  (At the time I
was having more issues with the phone dropping calls, randomly
rebooting, missing calls completely, etc. that I didn't want to put
anymore money into it.)

George