[olug] Video output plug question and other questions

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Thu Jun 16 19:17:16 UTC 2011

It's called DMS-59. It's a standardized connector for getting 2 VGA or
DVI outputs on a single connector on the back panel. It's very common on
workstation class video cards, ie nVidia Quadro or AMD/ATI FireMV.

It's common to see it on business-grade machines (example: Dell
OptiPlex) that is equipped from the factory for a dual or quad-output
video card. It is very, very rare to see it on consumer/enthusiast hardware.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us