[olug] iCloud in the business world

aric at omahax.com aric at omahax.com
Mon Jun 13 13:33:13 UTC 2011

I don't think companies that are concerned with security at this level
will use 3rd party cloud storage as an official document repository.  If
an employee decides to distribute confidential information outside of the
corporation there are out of scope issues that software can't solve alone.

If you want to CYA by showing that as an IT department you have
acknowledged the risk I am thinking you could simply write a snort rule
that looks for a signature embedded in confidential documents.

It looks like they already have a snort based solution.
http://code.google.com/p/snortdlp/